No products in the cart.
Frequently asked questions
What are the major reasons why people want to drink UltraStream pure, alkaline, antioxidant and hydrogen rich water?
- it helps people feel better, perform better and enjoy a healthier life
- it is easy to install, operate and replace filter
- it is affordable, costing 17c/litre initially and then down to 7c/litre after 1 year
All of the attributes of UltraStream water can be controlled by flow rate. The faster the water flows through, the less pH-potent it is. We recommend a flow rate around 1.0 L/min for the best performance. If you want a lower pH, simply increase the flow rate. The UltraStream has a unique ‘twist’n’flow’ control to regulate flow rate, meaning you have no need to adjust the faucet’s flow rate. Just turn on the tap to full and the UltraStream regulates the flow.
In a special laboratory created ‘witches’ brew’ of pesticides, volatile organics, fluoride chlorine, and minerals, the UltraStream changed an input pH of 6.5 to an output pH 9.5. We’ve pushed the lab much farther than the normal lab tests by asking for performance statistics beyond the normal lifespan of the filter. Most filter tests are taken from the first water out of the filter, and disregard possible reduction in performance as the filter is continued in service. Here are our results.
The UltraStream’s pH performance is directly related to the input water. Tap water is the only regulated water in the US and is around 7.0 for most homes. The UltraStream performs wonderfully in this environment and will consistently produce water ranging from 8.5-9.5. Most commonly, the water starts at 9.5 at installation, and by the time the filter needs to be replaced, it measures closer to 8.5. The bottom line; more acidic input water will have a lower pH, more alkaline input water will have a higher pH but both may be adjusted using the Twist’n’Flow control.
There are a couple of other advantages as well. In hard water with excessive levels of alkaline minerals (like an over abundance of calcium), the UltraStream uses a special patented media that alters the form of the calcium and prevents it clogging the filter. It also re-infuses input water with healthier levels and proportions of alkaline minerals (as well as ionizing the water).
We’ve used our decade of filter experience to ensure this lasts the life of the filter, so you have excellent purity and performance from start to finish.
Those who utilize well water should also expect great performance. Very often, well water starts a bit above 7.0 and this can also translate to higher pH outputs from the UltraStream as well.
- It is a selective antioxidant.
- It targets cytotoxic free radicals.
- Scientific studies have concluded that hydrogen may help and prevent a range of diseases including cancer, diabetes, carsio-vascular, arthritis, gout and other inflammatory related degenerative diseases.
Yes. Through lengthy research and development the UltraStream uses the world’s best activated alumina media, removing 70% of fluoride throughout the life of the filter. If you want to ensure your water is 100% fluoride free we recommend a reverse osmosis system in tandem with our UltraStream. See our lab test results here.
Heavy metals including mercury, lead, aluminum, and copper, as well as bacteria, pesticides, algae and fungi. For more details, see our lab test results here.
There are 3 ways to install the UltraStream.
1. Countertop – For this connection to work, the faucet has to be “normal”. Normal means the tap doesn’t convert to a shower spray, pull out or have a non-standard head. You’ll utilize a diverter valve to control the water flow. When the slider of the diverter valve is pushed one way, it will flow from the tap as normal. When you push it the other way, the water will be sent to the UltraStream.
By the way, it’s hard to get excited over a faucet diverter, but we are! After years of drippy lever jobs from China, we have found a diverter designed right here in the USA. It’s 200% better than the ones we used on the alkaStream. OK, OK sure it’s boring, but we just love good, simple design, right?
2. Undersink – The next option is for those who either have an upgraded faucet with multiple uses or who just don’t want the attention-grabbing UltraStream on the counter. For you, we have an undersink option available which includes all the connecting pieces and a separate dedicated faucet to drink from. Installation doesn’t require a plumber, but if you’d feel more comfortable using one, go ahead. As usual, we’ve sourced the specially designed faucet from the best water filter engineer in the US, so there’s no need to worry about lead. Please note that we cannot be responsible for the efficacy of your undersink installation.
Here is the manual you need to complete the installation: Undersink Install Instructions
3. You can have your UltraStream on the bench anywhere as long as you’re prepared to drill a 1/4″ hole in your benchtop for the UltraStream’s inlet hose. The hose connects the Ultra on the benchtop to the cold water inlet line below the bench.
An UltraStream filter will last a year – depending, as always, on source water conditions and use. Our one year recommendation is based upon a family of 4, who use about 2 litres each a day (8 glasses) for drinking. If you use less, your filter may last longer. More – and you’ll need to replace sooner. (or contact us for some suggested pre-filter options).
Filter life always depends on input water quality. The more unwanted stuff in the water, the harder the UltraStream has to work. For the vast majority of users, 9 months of protection and performance is no problem.
When the filter is replaced (a 3 minute job) your UltraStream returns to full filtration, pH, antioxidant and ORP power.
The only “negative” consideration is for those taking pharmaceutical medicine or suffering from kidney disease. We recommend you consult with your doctor. UltraStream water may be delivered to the cells more efficiently than tap or bottled, so we recommend not taking any medications with it. We suggest you stop drinking 30 minutes prior to popping the pill(s) and then wait until at least 30 minutes after.
This depends on a number of variables. The normal recommendation is 1/2 of your body weight in ounces a day. So if you weigh 150 lbs, you should drink 75 oz of water. If you work out, if it’s hot and you’re sweating more, if you fly, if you have a soda/coffee/tea, then you can choose to drink more. All of those things speed up the elimination of water and we therefore need more.
The minimum recommended by science is half our pound weight a day (in ounces).
Yes, the UltraStream can be connected in series with an RO system. It will add powerful alkalizing and ionizing abilities to your acidic and aggressive RO water. You could also remove the RO system completely and replace with the UltraStream. or, you could order one of our special inline UltraStream ‘AlkaLina’ filters.
Yes, unlike electric water ionisers, the UltraStream will also work well with a water softener. Softened water isn’t something you want to drink or cook with, so the UltraStream is a great solution for consumption when you need to maintain soft water for appliance life and showering.
The warranty for the UltraStream is THREE years for parts and labour under normal use when you register your warranty on the AlkaWay website. If the UltraStream is not registered then there is a 12 month warranty. Unless otherwise approved by AlkaWay we offer exchanges rather than refunds. Warranty does NOT cover replacement cartridges as there are too many variables in source water.
With some water sources, the water is more acidic. This then creates more molecular Hydrogen (the antioxidant) as it reacts with theO-Dobi media. The hydrogen is generated in gas form.
This gas must escape of the UltraStream otherwise it will bulge and then leak. At rest, after use, the gas pushes a little water out of the UltraStream which produces a drip. This drip will stop after a period of time.
Remember this is not a leak. it is just the water in the UltraStream above the O-Dobi being pushed out by the Hydrogen.
It reacts with water to produce magnesium hydroxide and hydrogen gas.
Mg + 2 H2O —> Mg(OH)2 + H2
Unlike electric water ionisers, the UltraStream’s filter cartridge actually contains the media that ionizes, alkalizes and infuses hydrogen. So when you change a filter, you get a brand new one, which will incorporate any updated technology we have implemented. That’s why we call it an ‘eternal’ system.
Any other question?
If you have any additional questions you’d like to ask our team of product specialists or alkaline experts, simply follow the link below.