No products in the cart.
What Is The Best Type of Water
Health conscious people are always keen to learn how to make the best food and lifestyle choices.
But with over 70% of our body constituting water, should we also be concerned with what is the best type of water?
Let’s look at some common options:
- Tap Water: many credible authorities reveal that most municipal water sources contain chemicals that are extremely destructive to human health. Such as, VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) like herbicides, and pesticides. Residues of pharmaceutical drugs, unknown amounts of fluoride, heavy metals, and endocrine disruptive chemicals are also a very common and a seemingly acceptable finding.
- Bottled Water: dangerous chemicals have been found to ‘leech’ from plastic into water, which is very concerning. A very expensive option, and many brands have been found to be no different than actual tap water.
- Reverse Osmosis: is a water purification method that uses a semipermeable membrane to remove larger particles from drinking water. It will remove a large amount of contaminants which is good however, it also strips the water of all beneficial trace minerals. It is extremely slow, and is considered wasteful because it can drain up to 4 liters of water for every liter of filtered water produced (waste ratio)
- Ceramic Urns: have a very slow flow rate, approximately 1-3 litres per hour. The set up is fragile and urns can break or crack easily. Hairline cracks can be a cause of build up bacteria and therefore many manufacturers recommend replacement every two years
- Ionizers: infuse water with health promoting negative ions. This has an powerful antioxidant effect which assists the body in many ways such as, anti aging and speeds up healing. Previously ionizers required electricity, however due to technological advances that is a thing of the past.
- Alkaline Water Machines: both filter and, add minerals. This is considered ‘alkaline water’. Ph will vary according to source water. Minerals such as sodium, magnesium, potassium and calcium naturally buffer acidity. With most people predominantly eating a diet that leaves an acidic residue in the body, alkaline water rich in minerals helps keep the body’s mineral reserves in healthy balance.
- Hydrogen Infuser: the newest technological advance in water filtration. Produces ‘molecular hydrogen rich water’ which has anti oxidant, anti inflammatory effects. With over 350 scientific studies to support its effects, ‘hydrogen infused water’ is slowly coming into public limelight.
In this limited summary we have only briefly outlined what would be most useful for you to know regarding what is the best type of water.
With this basic of information, you can appreciate why the Ultrastream is considered the most affordable and technologically advanced water filter!
We believe that everybody has the right to afford, and have access the best type of water which promotes optimal health! Find our more here…